Pregnant mothers and expecting fathers enrolled in the Early Head Start Home-Based Program receive service options through the child’s first three years of life.
Early, continuous supports and services provide the best opportunity for:
- healthy pregnancies and positive childbirth outcomes;
- supportive postpartum care for the parents and child;
- fully involving fathers in the lives of their very young children; and
- nurturing and responsive care during infancy.
Riverbend’s Early Head Start program provide prenatal information through classes, support groups, and home visits on the following subjects:
- fetal development, including the risks from smoking and alcohol;
- labor and delivery;
- postpartum recovery, including information on maternal depression; and
- the benefits of breastfeeding