Pregnant mothers and expecting fathers enrolled in the Early Head Start Home-Based Program receive service options through the child’s first three years of life.
Early, continuous supports and services provide the best opportunity for:
- Healthy pregnancies and positive childbirth outcomes.
- Supportive postpartum care for the parents and child.
- Fully involving fathers in the lives of their very young children.
- Nurturing and responsive care during infancy.
Riverbend’s Early Head Start program provides prenatal information through classes, support groups, and home visits on the following subjects:
- fetal development, including the risks from smoking and alcohol
- labor and delivery
- the benefits of breastfeeding
- lactation consultant services
- infant massage